Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??

They are relly dim. The outside of my headlights are scratched up and really foggy I think that has a little to do with it. But i want brighter lights as well. Do I have to replace the whole headlight? What is the best and least pricy thing to do??How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
Try a headlight buffing compound. You can get it at Pep Boys and it's about 10 bucks. It takes about 6 minutes and is really simple. Check it out.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
First of all.....take off your headlights...Just un-do the clips...and take it and wipe it out really good. Do this to both of them. Most likely its moisture built up.....coming in from some kind of leak in your grill. once you wipe it out and seal it real good. It shouldn't happen again...You cannot upgrade headlights as far as I know. Your electrical system will only allow whats right for THAT car. Nothing more. However, sealing it up should work once you clean the bulb out. To do this, under the hood on the battery side and the opposite side. where the headlights are...you have hologen bulbs that pop out quite easily. They are probably NOT your problem. You problem is in the frame of the headlight itsels. So you take out a couple bolts, maybe a little of your grill...and you remove the assemble and check it...See if you can tell how the air and moisture. If you can't fix it by sealing it...then replace the whole assemble. It would cost about 30.00 per light. Incluing the bulbs, so its really not that bad. Roughly...Don't go to Dodge to buy it or anything else. Go to Auto Zone, or ANYWHERE else....But NOT the dealer. When you put it back in...drive it up to a wall....using the screws that are on it...adjust your headlights accordingly. Using the screwdrive to adjust the lights to make sure you have them aimed correctly. THAT is very important..To be up to a wall...garage door...anything that you can see the lights images as you adjust them.

But car headlights never really actually dim. They are either on

Or they are off.....So, sounds like a minor moisture problem to me. that you can take care of....with a lot less cost. Good luck. You would save hundreds of dollars by just doing as I suggested.....its not really that hard.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
Just a thought; Get a little 4 inch buffer and some ultra-fine compound like Safe-Cut and polish the lenses. The yellow fog should buff off fairly easily. Worth a try and works 9 out of 10 times. Then get some good hot bulbs and you will be in there.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
Some part stores may just sell just the lens for this. However, most will sell only the whole thing which is what I recommend anyway. Look on eBay for the cheapest there are a few companies on there that sell brand new assemblies for cheap.



P.S. If you are looking for a brighter light replace the bulbs with silverstar bulbs when you put the new assembly in.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
I tried the kit to clean the plastic, didn't work and actually got worse after a few months. I found a set of perfect condition used headlights (with bulbs) on ebay for $125 shipped. I'm swapping them out today and will post how difficult or easy it was.

John



Ok, took all of 10 min. and that included going into the garage to get my socket set. Lights are held in with two 6 or 7 inch long bolts 9/32 socket to get them out. Unplug the sockets from back of light and swap them out.

I can see again!!!How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
go to a junkyard and get the whole thing about a 1/3 of the priceHow do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
i think better you replace your headlamp because scratched already,and also the bulb because you want too (brighter light) .. But it's so danger when you change the brighter ligght/bulb. means : for those drive in front of you when at night . because so bright. you just find out just normal item only.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
Dodge intrepids are some of the worst with this problem. The sun breaks down the plastic in your headlight housing. The housing will have to be changed and they are not cheap. youll most likely have to go to a dealer and buy the product. Once you have the housing they are not super hard to figure out. Its pretty hard to tell you how to take them out and replace them here. just go to a parts store and get you a book on your year of intrepid and it should show you how the housing comes out.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
Just go to your nearest auto parts store chain ie. Advance Auto Parts or Autozone, give them your vehicle information and let them know you want a really bright headlight. The brightest ones usually run about 20 a piece but a cool blue is a fairly bright light that will run about $20 a pairHow do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
On that style car, you have fixed headlights, replaceable bulbs. If your fogged, then the light is not very clear. Call your local salvage yards, check if they have your model there. Go there, remove the lamp, or request the salvage yard to do it for you. If you cant find the lamps, I'm sure they are a dealer part and very expensive.How do I change the headlights on my 99 Dodge intrepid??
A headlight housing will costr a LOT! I just found out that I can buy a sweet used car for half the price of a housing for my car! You could just change the bulbs(est.$10-15) and the car manual will tell you how to do it
  • get him to notice me
  • teenagers to have acene
  •