Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the headlights on 01 Mustang?

I just bought some new headlights for my Mustang, however when I went to change them out I couldn't find a way to get the old ones out of the actual headlight housing. I know most Fords you have to twist and pull them out from the back, but on mine there is NO room to do this without taking my battery out on one side and aircleaner on the other. WHat am I doing wrong?How do I change the headlights on 01 Mustang?
This is no joke!! I personally have a 2000 gt.You have to pull the entire headlight housing out!! I know what your thinkin--there is no way that your gonna do this.Be calm,thats the first thing i thought too.The headlight housings are super easy to remove!! My grandma could do it,and it requires no tools.Here is what you do.

1.Open your hood and look on top of each headlight housing.There will be 2 slide locks on each headlight.They look like this I_I .

2.Grab each slide by this little handle I_I.

3.Pull straight up on each one.--you may need some pliers to help you.

4.After both slides have been removed,the entire headlight will slide out.No kidding!!

5.Replace your bulbs since you have room now.

6.Just replace in the reverse order.There is no adjusting to the headlights either when put back in.

7.You do not need to remove the battery!!



Hope this helps--it is very simple and you can do it in 10 minutes.How do I change the headlights on 01 Mustang?
I have a 99 mustang and the guy that did mine actually had to take the battery out and on the other side a guy with a small hand did it.