Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Having a TOUGH time changing my headlights of my 98 Civic. Is there a trick to it?

I know how to replace the headlights. The problem is, it's not as easy as it seems to be. The black plastic housing doesn't come off by just pinching either sides of it. Also, the bulb doesn't just, unplug, I'm trying so hard to yank it out, but it's stuck in there. After tears and bruises all over my hands, my burnt out headlights are still not replaced. Does anyone relate and do they have any tricks up their sleeves to make it easier?Having a TOUGH time changing my headlights of my 98 Civic. Is there a trick to it?
you usually have to turn the blub to get them to come out. They turn about a 1/4 turn, then come out usually.Having a TOUGH time changing my headlights of my 98 Civic. Is there a trick to it?
It is a pain in the *** to change headlight bulbs on civics. Theres just not enough room to do anything. I will work on my cars before i let anyone touch them, and a few years ago, i was in your shoes. My exgirlfriend also had a 98 civic, and i spent a half hour trying to get the damn bulb out. i have big hands, and they would not fit in there. I ended up showing my girlfriend how to do it. the bulb bracket needs to be turned towards the engine. and then pulled out.

The honda book i have said they can be accessed through the wheel well, but im not with her any longer, so i couldnt tell you if it would be easier.Having a TOUGH time changing my headlights of my 98 Civic. Is there a trick to it?
It's been holding that light bulb for a long time, so it might be little harder, plus there's not much room to do it. pretty much only way is to just stick to it and keep trying